Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] cgit/gitweb - owner updates

From: Assaf Gordon
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] cgit/gitweb - owner updates
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2015 16:14:56 -0500

Hello Karl and all,

On Feb 25, 2015, at 18:01, Karl Berry <address@hidden> wrote:

> BTW, I just thought of one more point: if the purpose of the owner field
> is to provide a way for people to contact the maintainers, only bug-PKG
> (not bugs-PKG, by the way) would do, I think.  Maintainers are not
> obligated to be on any help or discussion list by the GNU standards.
> Although it's true that in practice they almost(?) always are.
>
> Anyway, looking at your file, findutils should be bug-findutils rather
> than findutils-patches.  I didn't see any other immediate discrepancies.

I guess now it's a judgement call: use 'bug-PKG' for all gnu packages, or
the more 'help-like' one if such list exists -
which do you prefer? I'll update the file accordingly.

Regarding findutils:

interesting, on the website (and in the database) there's only
'findutils-patches':
   http://savannah.gnu.org/mail/?group=findutils

---------
mysql> select list_name from mail_group_list,groups where
mail_group_list.group_id = groups.group_id and groups.unix_group_name =
'findutils';