Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] cgit.css and font-size:10pt

From: Assaf Gordon
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] cgit.css and font-size:10pt
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2014 19:52:05 -0500

Hello Karl,

On 11/06/2014 06:19 PM, Karl Berry wrote:
When I browse (any) git tree online at Savannah, e.g.,
   http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/guix/scripts/lint.scm
the font is noticeably small -- my eyes suck, and I basically can't
deal with that.

It's because vcs:/var/www/git/cgit/cgit.css specifies
        font-size: 10pt;
for "body".  Why every piece of software thinks it knows better than its
users what size they need to read text at is beyond me.  It is
frustrating.  And why my browsers don't honor my "Minimum font size"
setting (16) is also beyond me; that's even more frustrating.  It helps
sometimes, but many times not, as here.

Anyway, we can't fix the world, but we can change savannah just by
commenting out that line.  Of course such a tweak would be lost at
cgit upgrade, but I don't expect that to happen any time soon.

Anyone object to my doing so?

No objections at all.
I'm as blind as a bat, by default my browser is set to %150 zoom...
Perhaps that's why the small font didn't bother me so far.