[Savannah-hackers-public] [task #13284] In link markup with both url and

From: Assaf Gordon
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] [task #13284] In link markup with both url and text, text superseeds actual given url
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 19:22:42 +0000

                Category: Approved Projects to be Reviewed => System

             Assigned to:                    None => agn

Follow-up Comment #3:

Hello Vincent, Karl.

I was able to reproduce the bug, and an example of it is here:
[https://savannah.gnu.org/task/index.php?13373]

The bug happens with the comment part of the URL markup contains a hashmark.
As a temporary work-around, I'd recommend simply not including the hashmark in
the URL markup, as so:

comment1 <https://savannah.gnu.org/task/index.php?13373#comment1>

Which will be rendered as:
comment1 <https://savannah.gnu.org/task/index.php?13373#comment1>

While it's possible to investigate the code (and perhaps even come up with a
fix), IMHO it is not worth the trouble. The current MarkUp mechanism on GNU
Savannah is very old and out-dated. Any time/effort invested would be better
spent moving to newer, more stable markup variants (e.g. "common-mark"), which
is definitely on my todo list.

Technically, it seems that a hashmark in the title part renders the following
invalid HTML: a nested <a> tag, where the inner one is just a relative URL
which points to the current page (which you've called "task_b" in your bug
report)

Unless there's strong objection, I'm inclined to close this bug, and treat it
as "wont-fix".

Comments welcomed,

- Assaf

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?13284>