Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Willing to Assist with Bazaar

From: Assaf Gordon
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Willing to Assist with Bazaar
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 11:36:43 -0400

Hello Richard,

On 09/11/2014 10:37 AM, Richard Wilbur wrote:

Sounds to me like the location given to 'bzr branches' is a branch.
That is the exact behaviour I get when the location is not a
repository but rather a branch.

If the location is a branch, you should be able to confirm by running
'bzr info -vv <location>' which would respond with something along the
lines of:

Trying it on one of the problematic repositories:

    $ bzr info -vv bzr://bzr.savannah.nongnu.org/gnewsense
    Shared repository with trees (format: unnamed)
    Location:
      shared repository: bzr://bzr.savannah.nongnu.org/gnewsense/

    Format:
            control: bzr remote bzrdir
        repository: Remote: Repository format 2a - rich roots, group
compression and chk inventories

    Create working tree for new branches inside the repository.
    Repository:
       13175 revisions

Which does return some technical information but not something I can use in a
script to further know what's in the repository.

Eli's previous comment is relevant, perhaps I'm asking the wrong question:
What I'm trying to do is get a commit log from a BZR URL listed on Savannah,
here:
  http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/r/

If there's another way which does not involve listing branches, please let me
know.

Thanks,
 - Assaf.