Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Running GNU Savannah (frontend) locally

From: Assaf Gordon
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Running GNU Savannah (frontend) locally
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2014 09:34:38 -0400

On 09/02/2014 03:47 AM, Ineiev wrote:
Just two minor points:

On Mon, Sep 01, 2014 at 08:26:06PM -0400, Assaf Gordon wrote:
But I think most of the information is *already* public.

In rare cases it may be publicly provided now, but not
in the future; of course, somebody may archive it,
but Savannah does hide or even completely remove it.

I would consider that public information.
Just like any deleted website that appears on Archive.org's "WayBack machine".

Examples, all as "not logged-in user":
The private ones aren't public,..

But I don't even need that, because one can simply iterate all
bugs/tasks/patches, by sequential ID:
   https://savannah.gnu.org/support/index.php?100666

e.g. https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?32265

As I've written in the previous email, I consider "public" only information
that's available to non-logged users.
This bug is not accessible, hence is not public.

Which is exactly why I'm asking for feedback from people familiar with Savannah:
Are the SQL commands I've listed in the previous emails adequate for removing
private information?

In the bugs/tasks/support/etc tables I remove anything that is mark as private:
 DELETE FROM bugs WHERE privacy != 1;

Then with the associated "_history" and "_cc" tables I remove any associated
history item:
 DELETE t1 FROM bugs_history t1
 LEFT JOIN bugs t2
 ON t1.bug_id = t2.bug_id
 WHERE  1 AND t2.bug_id IS NULL;

I'm sure there's room for improvement and I'm happy to hear suggestions.

Thanks,
 - Assaf