Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] requirements of a new project in GNU Savan

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] requirements of a new project in GNU Savannah
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 22:20:50 GMT

    I already started it , draft available here:

Cool, will peruse in time.

    Which reminds me - is there a FSF/GNU/Savannah recommend
    collaborative editing method ?

Not that I know of.

For present purposes, you could commit the draft to the wiki as
"draftsubmissiontext" or whatever.

    they all require the user to have a server of his own... (or worse,
    use "the cloud" :) )

I see no possible way to avoid one or the other ...

    I'm also contemplating having this script hosted on a server with a
    simple CGI, so users can post a URL of a tarball of git repository
    and get the results quickly without downloading and running the script.

I was thinking about that too, but your wget recipe is so simple, it
seemed sufficient, and perhaps actually desirable -- if the submitter
can't be bothered to run a single cookbook command, chances are the
submission is useless.

On the other hand, the downside of hosting it as a cgi is, of course,
security.  Seems like a good thing to avoid.

Thanks,