Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] License and Copyright syntax question

From: Assaf Gordon
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] License and Copyright syntax question
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2014 15:17:02 -0400

Few more cases, for your consideration:

On 08/17/2014 03:05 PM, Assaf Gordon wrote:
Hello,

A few nit-picking questions regarding evaluation of copyright and license
syntax in submitted projects.

This relates to few projects I'm evaluating, especially:
https://savannah.gnu.org/task/index.php?13269
But also to the semi-automated evaluation script I've sent earlier.

All these issues are two-fold:
1. When manually evaluation a project, should these be raised as items to be
fixed?
2. When using the script, should these be flagged or automatically accepted?

-6-
Is it enough to write in a file:
    "/* This file is part of PACKAGE and is under GPL see licence.txt */"
No other copyright or license information listed.

-7-
Is it acceptable to write:
   "// Copyright Author Foo Bar address@hidden"
Without a year?