Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Savannah VMs upgraded to latest Debian 7.2

From: Sylvain
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Savannah VMs upgraded to latest Debian 7.2 point release
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 11:07:07 +0100

Debian 7 or Debian 6, actually?

Sylvain <address@hidden> a écrit :
On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 02:06:32PM -0600, Bob Proulx wrote:
Savannah Hackers,

Just noting that I upgraded the VMs (except for download) to the
lastest Debian point release 7.2 that released last week. Mostly.

On internal I held the msyql server back because it is a larger jump
in versions. To fix a CVE they jumped forward from 5.1.66 to 5.1.72
which includes a few minor option changes. I want to make sure there
is a good immediate backup available just in case something isn't
compatible. I have upgraded other machines and only the backup
scripts needed a small options change and all usage seems okay to me.

On vcs openssh continues to be held due to local customizations.

On frontend the zope stuff is still in that awkward stage previously
discussed. I will clean that up soonest since this has reminded me.
The Performance Co-Pilot stuff threw an error during the upgrade.

Setting up pcp (3.3.3-squeeze3) ...
Installing new version of config file /etc/init.d/pmproxy ...
Installing new version of config file /etc/init.d/pmie ...
Installing new version of config file /etc/init.d/pcp ...
Performance Co-Pilot rebuilding PMNS ...
Performance Co-Pilot starting PMCD (logfile is /var/log/pcp/pmcd/pmcd.log) ...
Performance Co-Pilot starting archive loggers ...
/etc/init.d/pcp: 591: cannot create /var/tmp/pcp.cNSi91ECo/pmcheck: Directory nonexistent

I stopped and started it and it was fine the second time. Looks like
a scripting bug in there somewhere.

frontend:~# service pcp stop
Waiting for PMCD to terminate ...
frontend:~# service pcp start
Performance Co-Pilot starting PMCD (logfile is /var/log/pcp/pmcd/pmcd.log) ...
Performance Co-Pilot starting archive loggers ...

And that leaves download which still needs some more major work. I
never got around to attacking it for the previous point release
upgrades. I don't know what problems will be found there. I will see
about upgrading it to the lastest point release. Does anyone know any
special traps lay there for the unwary?

Congrats!

'download' should be easy to upgrade for user access: just basic
sftp/rsync/scp access through sv_membersh.

For Apache access, remember to check whether mirmon and
audio-video.gnu.org (http and rsync) are still working.
The mirrors redirection is handled by Apache2::Geo::Mirror, normally
installed via cpan.

Awstats seems not accessible right now btw.

(Of course this is what I know from 2011, features may have been added
since.)

Cheers!
Sylvain