Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Savannah ticket notification addresses

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Savannah ticket notification addresses
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 16:10:45 -0600

Sylvain wrote:

> > > That is useful information.  So one problem is that is not obvious to
> > > users that random users should submit support requests.
>
> Btw, I see we get a lot of support requests on this list, while it's
> not meant for it.
>
> http://savannah.gnu.org/contact.php does refer to the appropriate
> place, so any idea where users are directly to this very list?

I am not sure where users typically find information about where to
mail for help.  I will gently start asking users who have the opposite
actions and see if something turns up as a trend that could be improved.

I see on the contact page that the "by submitting a [support request]"
link takes you to the index of support requests.  Unfortunately that
doesn't really help a user who wants to submit a request.  They still
need to decide on the nav links between Support and Task and would be
50/50 for choosing the wrong one.  It would be better if that link
went to the support submit page (aka additem).

I thought about submitting a Task to make this change.  But there are
so many tasks there that it just didn't seem useful at this
moment. (chuckle) :-)

Bob