Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] PHP license in Savannah

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] PHP license in Savannah
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2013 21:36:07 GMT

    I've seen that the PHP license is listed as non-compatible with GPL,
    does that mean that we can't approve any project written in PHP?

No.  The license of the language implementation is independent of the
license of a program written in that language.  For instance, Savannah
itself contains many PHP files, which are licensed under the GPL.

    I'm asking this because right now we have a submission of a PHP program:
    https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?12846

Thanks for including the url.  It's not ruled out on the basis of their
implementation language.  Usual criteria should be checked.

Thanks Joan.

karl