Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] ok to install "locales" package on vcs.sv?

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] ok to install "locales" package on vcs.sv?
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 15:20:14 GMT

    Anyone know of a reason why I should not `apt-get install locales' on
    vcs.sv? I'd leave the default locale as "None", as it is now.

As long as the default locale doesn't change, sounds safe enough to
me to try.  Please just keep an eye for it for people reporting new and
strange errors that might be related, after doing it.

    I think this is the way to solve a bzr commit email issue with non-ascii
    characters in people's Savannah user names.

Happy hacking.

Thanks,