Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] what's the matter with the bzr server?

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] what's the matter with the bzr server?
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 03:11:41 -0400

Ivan Kanis wrote:

> Sorry I didn't. I was following Eli's suggestion.

I did suggest only doing that next time. There's not much point moving a
conversation that's already in progress. Anyway, let's carry on now.

> I think that is the problem. My desktop is somewhat slow compared to
> modern hardware.

Could you tell us what actually happens?
How long does the bzr process run for?
Is it doing anything when it dies, or has it been idle for 5 mins?
Is there still network activity, or has that phase finished?
What is the total size of data downloaded?

It is really hard to say anthing constructive without information.

Perhaps you have fetched all the data, and your machine takes > 5mins to
actually initialize the repository locally?

> I will try version 2.6b and let you know how it goes.

I really doubt that will make a difference.

You can always use the rsync method that Andreas gave to download
the repository data initially.

We can in principle increase the 300s timeout by passing
--client-timeout=ARG to bzr serve in /usr/local/bin/sv_membersh, but I
am not sure if that is a good idea, because clients should _not_
normally be idle for > 5 mins. Maybe it does make sense though, as I
speculate above.