Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Keeping web pages in something other than

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Keeping web pages in something other than CVS
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 16:19:53 -0600

Karl Berry wrote:
>     Glenn Morris wrote:
>     Maybe they'd just want
>     to hide the CVS web pages repo on their Savannah project page then.
>
> I don't think there's a way to do that (without disabling web pages
> completely, by deselecting "homepage" in "select features").
>
> Anyway, we'll see if any of the CVS-haters want to do the necessary
> work.  I'm not holding my breath.

I find CVS to be more than sufficient for the web pages.  The web
pages don't usually change at the rapid pace that a project might be
developed.  CVS seems fine.

For those that are really chafing at CVS there are the interfaces.  I
don't know about bzr but in git there is git-cvs (and git-svn and
git-bzr) that will allow you to use git locally but other repositories
remotely.  I haven't found the need to use git-cvs, the web pages are
not that big of a deal, but git-svn for svn hosted projects is
excellent and git-bzr a sanity saver for me.

Bob