Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Next Savannah VM system upgrade - frontend

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Next Savannah VM system upgrade - frontend
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2013 17:33:34 -0600

Topic: Zope

I have mostly upgraded "frontend".  Most importantly this includes
Apache2 and in general all of the subsystem components.

  frontend:~# cat /etc/debian_version
  6.0.7

But I ran across something that raised questions.  The machine has
Zope installed from when it was Lenny 5.0.  Zope was removed from
Squeeze 6.0.  I didn't look for why but probably the typical reason is
due to unfixed release critical bugs.  It has reappeared in Wheezy 7
and a backport of it exists.

I imagine that the use of Zope is for the Zwiki.  I imagine that I can
install the 2.12 version from Backports without problem.  But that
would be a major version upgrade as opposed to the minor security
upgrades of everything else.  And of course Zwiki is already broken so
this might make things worse.

Therefore I held off upgrading Zope at this moment.  I marked it as
"held" in the package manager.

I also held off upgrading ssh too.  I know that some of the VMs have a
customized ssh and need special handling.  I think that is only vcs
and download which I had put off until last due to that reason.  But I
want to verify this before I upgrade it on frontend.

TODO Summary: Double check ssh and upgrade it.  Install grub-legacy
and verify menu.lst setup.  Understand Zope and upgrade it to
backports.  Cross fingers and reboot.

Bob