[Savannah-hackers-public] multiplexor/mirmon dl:/root/bin/mirrors-*.sh

From: Karl Berry
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] multiplexor/mirmon dl:/root/bin/mirrors-*.sh
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 16:38:05 GMT

As you've seen, I just updated the mirmon page in the wiki,
http://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/Mirmon to reflect a couple of small
changes I just made (and the trail of what-generates-what that I
laboriously teased out):

1) now the cron jobs that update the host lists which are ultimately
   used for the multiplexors are consistently in
   dl:/root/bin/mirrors-*.sh, that is, mirrors-ctan.sh, mirrors-gnu.sh,
   and mirrors-nongnu.sh.  (Previously, some were in /usr/local/bin and
   some in /root/bin.)

2) Each of those calls a common script, /root/bin/mirmon-to-geoip, to do
   the actual work.  Any host which hasn't updated in more than 30 hours
   (according to mirmon) is not included in the final list.

3) I did not change anything whatsoever in the Apache setup.  Figured
   this was far enough to go for now :).

Hope it all works out.  I did check that the actual final lists are
essentially the same as what we had before, but mistakes are all too
easy ...