Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Want to be a Volunteer

From: Aljosha Papsch
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Want to be a Volunteer
Date: Tue, 08 May 2012 16:07:22 +0200

Am Dienstag, 8. Mai 2012, 10:33:09 schrieb Niladri Sekhar Roy:
> Hi,
>
> I am Niladri Sekhar Roy from India. I have just completed Masters in
> Computer Science. I didn't have much knowledge in Linux but I am learning
> it now. I want to contribute in open source development.
> So I do a gogle and found this link. I need some information -
>
> 1) What is the elegibility to become a volunteer?
> 2) How can I make contribution in development?
>
> Regards,
> Niladri

First of all, Linux development is not done on Savannah - it is a place for
all kind of projects, many of them part of GNU. Then GNU folks prefer to talk
about free software rather than open source, why is explained on [1].
On [2] are many projects needing help. You'll find many entries, so you
shouldn't get bored ;)

Regards,
Aljosha

[1] http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/open-source-misses-the-point.en.html