Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] quick question...

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] quick question...
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2011 00:33:28 GMT

Hi Tim,

    I noticed that on the savannah configuration page, the option to make
    the bug-gtypist mailing list public/private doesn't work.

Meaning you want to make it public, I hope?  (No idea why it was ever
marked private, that doesn't make sense.)

    Should it, or is this mailing list not one that is managed by
    savannah?

Savannah doesn't actually do the management of any mailing lists, it's
all done through mailman on http://lists.gnu.org.  I rather suspect that
public/private option only applies when creating a list, though I admit
I haven't delved into what script actually gets run.

    And if it is not managed by savannah, should I be able to
    access the mailman administrative interface for the list?

Sure.  I'll send you a password separately.  Aside from public/private,
the setup looks ok/normal to me.  If anything strikes you as
questionable, feel free to ask.

Best,
Karl