[Savannah-hackers-public] news ui removal changes

From: Karl Berry
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] news ui removal changes
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 18:21:14 GMT

To do the news ui removal that I just posted about, what I did was edit
in-place
/usr/src/savane/frontend/php/forum/forum.php
/usr/src/savane/frontend/php/include/news/forum.php
on frontend.

I didn't see any bits in the database which would support making it
conditional, and presumably upstream savane doesn't want these changes
as-is.  (Sylvain asked me to revert an earlier commit I made.)

We somehow have to disentangle ourselves from upstream so we can commit
changes without messing them up -- our situation is only going to get
worse.  There are already tons of uncommitted changes, and committed
changes not live on our host.  But I don't understand git anywhere near
well enough to do that.

Meanwhile, I'll try to figure out the sql for deleting the actual spam
items.  Unfortunately it seems some early follow-ups are real.

karl