[Savannah-hackers-public] Migrating items from one tracker to another...

From: Paul Smith
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Migrating items from one tracker to another...?
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 12:40:59 -0400

So, I've decided that having separate trackers for bugs, support,
patches, and tasks is annoying and confusing.  I'd like to consolidate
them all and have just one tracker: "Bugs".

What I'd really like to do is move the patches and support tracker
contents into the bug tracker (the tasks tracker was empty so I just
turned it off).

I realize this is not quite so simple since the numbering, fields, etc.
are different.  However I'd be happy to have default values filled in
for missing fields etc.

Does anyone have any idea how to do such a thing?  Maybe with some magic
Savannah admin script or something?

Or, is there a way to make trackers read-only to the public, so at least
no NEW items can be added there but people can still see the old items
(until I resolve them somehow)?