Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] help for savannah

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] help for savannah
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 15:40:11 GMT

    I'd love to get more volunteers helping with support requests, but it's
    not entirely trivial to get a new volunteer working on those issues

Some support requests don't require root/shell access, just the web
interface.  New volunteers could start with those (plus submission
reviewing).

    I'm not so sure focusing on a rewrite now,

I fully agree with that.

Anyway, how about something like this for an FSF/GNU blog post:

  News from Savannah: Sylvain Beucler, who was instrumental in
  modernizing and maintaining Savannah (http://savannah.gnu.org) for the
  last seven years, has decided to step down and look for new
  challenges.  Many, many, thanks to Sylvain and best wishes.

  Michael Flickinger, a long-time Savannah administrator, has resumed
  work on the Savannah back end.  Of course, new volunteers would be
  greatly appreciated.  Some specific tasks:

  - Help with reviewing new project submissions.
    http://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/HowToGetYourProjectApprovedQuickly

  - Work on bazaar/loggerhead integration at Savannah, e.g., right now we
    cannot offer web browsing of source repositories.
    http://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/Bzr

  - Help with handling support requests.
    https://savannah.gnu.org/support/?group=administration

  For those who want to explore, the main Savannah documentation
  (architecture, procedures, faq's) is at
  http://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance.

Wdyt?