Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] backup redirector for ctan

From: Michael J. Flickinger
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] backup redirector for ctan
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2011 18:15:31 -0500

Hi Karl,

I don't see any problem hosting another redirector on Savannah--especially since this one would actually come with a mirror.txt file.

I'll dabble into this tonight or tomorrow night.

--
Michael

Karl Berry wrote:
Michael and all,

In another part of life I work on TeX stuff.  Randy had (not
coincidentally :) implemented the same sort of redirector for CTAN
(http://mirror.ctan.org) as for GNU.

The CTAN folks have reimplemented it (I'm cc-ing Rainer Schoepf of CTAN
who was the principal person doing it, hi Rainer).  Now they are
wondering about having a standby available as a backup.  I suggested
that savannah would be a possibility, since of course all the necessary
infrastructure is already there.

If you/we (GNU hat) are willing, the two files are available from
rsync://comedy.dante.de/MirMon -- mirmon.state and mirror.txt.
Wdyt?

If the answer is no for whatever reason, that's ok, we (TeX hat) can
always figure out somewhere else.  Just thought I'd ask here first.

Thanks,
Karl