Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] #savannah on irc.gnu.org

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] #savannah on irc.gnu.org
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2011 11:38:25 -0500

We shouldn't confuse the discussion, it is about having #savannah on
irc.gnu.org, not about Freenode, OTFC or where to host it.

If TOR users have issues with Freenode it is better to solve the
problems with them, than changing networks every week.  Could you
bring the issues you experienced with address@hidden first?

Saying that Freenode is hostile towards TOR users is harsh, and
untrue.  Freenode does support TOR, it may be a bit of a fiddle since
it has been abused; but this is no different than it being fiddly to
access the GNU machines since people abused them and now we have to
use SSH.

Personally, I'd like to see GNU hosting as IRC server.