Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] randy kobes passed away -> ftpmirror redir

From: Michael J. Flickinger
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] randy kobes passed away -> ftpmirror redirector
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2011 12:24:11 -0500

Looks like I was wrong about Apache2::Geo::Mirror not updating... it does appear to update when the file is changed (or at least appears to do so)

In any case, /usr/local/share/GeoIP/gnu-ftpmirror.txt is now properly generated via a cronjob every hour (by a script in~/bin/gnu-mirror-geoip-sync.pl).

If you approve of the setup, you can email sysadmin and have them change the dns for ftpmirror.gnu.org