Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] randy kobes passed away -> ftpmirror redir

From: Michael J. Flickinger
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] randy kobes passed away -> ftpmirror redirector
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 11:20:24 -0500

Ok, this is testable now on http://gnu-ftpmirror.savannah.gnu.org

Let me know if it works alright.

On 02/27/2011 10:51 AM, Michael J. Flickinger wrote:
Implementing this now.. this will be testable on gnu-ftpmirror.savannah.gnu.org.

Once it's setup, we can have the dns for ftpmirror.gnu.org changed.

On 02/26/2011 06:41 PM, Karl Berry wrote:
I belatedly learned that Randy Kobes, the person who was running the
ftpmirror.gnu.org redirector, passed away last September.
http://perlbuzz.com/2010/11/passing-of-randy-kobes.html

Fortunately, Sylvain implemented the redirector for dl.sv.gnu.org on
savannah and left some notes about it in download.txt (in bzr).

The question is about the redirector for http://ftpmirror.gnu.org, which
has always been running on Randy's machine.  It seems the path of least
resistance to now also implement that on savannah, since sv already has
the necessary modules, etc.  Sound plausible?

If anyone else is interested in taking this on, great, otherwise I guess
I feel duty-bound to be the one ...

?

Thanks,