[Savannah-hackers-public] Re: Tasks clean-up

From: Alex Fernandez
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: Tasks clean-up
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 23:28:36 +0100

Hi Sylvain,

On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 11:15 PM, Sylvain Beucler <address@hidden> wrote:
> It's good to clean-up tasks, but unless you want to cope with all the
> answers from all the people you're waking up at once, I would suggest
> to slow it down.

No problem, after 12 years in the software industry my management
skills (or rather juggling with angry users) are quite sharp by now!
:)  I would like to tackle all open tasks with "None" either in the
Status or Assigned-To field, and my old open tasks as well.

I expect most people will not bother answering so old tasks can just
be closed. From the rest, most problems will be forgotten or forgiven
by now, and so people will probably be glad to let them go.

I could use some advice on a few issues. For starters, I expect that
some old projects which are still review-pending will not answer, and
I don't know what to do with them: delete in two weeks? Ignore? Nag
repeatedly? No course of action seems good at all.

Also, old support tasks which are still of interest might be closed as
they are obviously not being solved, but some of them could still be
useful (like the stats page). Should I close them, or leave them open
in the hope that some shining knight eventually appears?

Thanks for the advice!

Alex.