Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] delete old git repo

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] delete old git repo
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2010 12:02:40 -0600

On 08/05/10 11:53, Mario Castelan Castro wrote:

> For what I (mis)understand of GIT it should be enough to delete all
> branches with "git push REMOTE --delete BRANCH0 BRANCH1 ... BRANCHN"
> usually the only remote is "origin" created with the initial "git
> clone".

  This was the master, not a branch. I'm pretty new to git, but sure
like the better performance. The problem was that old git repo had
changes which made it diverge from our bzr repo at that time years ago.
So git always choked on the merge. I tried all the options I could to
overwrite the old repo with no luck cause of the divergence. I even
tried importing into it from trunk, but that failed too.

        - rob -