Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] git features on Savannah

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] git features on Savannah
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 22:41:26 GMT

    coordinating with the GNU webmasters

GNU webmasters have no power to do anything about this, FSF sysadmins
completely control it.  Two different sets of people :).

    (though I think they decided not to edit project webpages anymore
    directly,

It is true that GNU webmasters should never edit project web pages
without the permission/request of the project maintainers (and I think
this is actually followed, at least I'm not aware of such "foreign"
modifications in recent years), but this has nothing directly to do with
supporting non-CVS for www.gnu.org/software web pages.

I don't doubt that the sysadmins would work with us to do what has to be
done to support non-CVS, but it is certainly a long-term project.

karl