Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Setting up bzr+ssh on Savannah.

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Setting up bzr+ssh on Savannah.
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2010 09:20:07 -0600

How is this work going ? Most of the Gnash developers are abandoning
savannah for launchpad because the performance of bzr on savannah is
unacceptably slow due to sftp. If this can't be fixed reasonably soon,
I'm going to move the entire Gnash project off of savannah and switch to
Launchpad for our next release, which I don't really want to have to do....

We just can't handle the often 20-30 minutes it takes to checkin single
line changes with sftp. It's so bad it's effecting our ability to get
work done. Bzr is a GNU project, we want to use it instead of GIT, but
the performance is so bad on savannah that would be our only other
option. Can we please get this task completed in the near term ? Our
release is scheduled for late August, btw...

        - rob -