Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Code of conduct

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Code of conduct
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 09:59:12 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 11:53:04PM +0200, W.H.F. wrote:
> On mar, 2010-04-20 at 01:56 +0200, Sylvain Beucler wrote:
> > Hi all,[...]
> > http://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/CodeOfConduct [...]
> > What do you think?
>
> I'm not all to happy about the 'greet people',
> I _can_ say it takes too much time,

I can only disagree.

> besides that I don't think it is relevant.
> When I see someone I will greet,
> when I text/message someone I find the greeting to be implied.

I myself don't feel that way, I expect other peoples to get offended
as well.  Maybe not if mails are sent the same day though.

> I do however think it is polite to start of with
> such a greeting in the first mail that is sent.
> Maybe it's an idea to provide :
>  - suggestions for first contact
>  - suggestions for all following contact
> ?

I'd like to page not to be too specific, to convey the spirit of
politeness rather than detail it point by point, which doesn't make
sense.

> Could the 'Asking questions the smart way'-link be suggested?

This is a wiki page, so you can.

--
Sylvain