Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Code of conduct

From: W.H.F.
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Code of conduct
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 23:53:04 +0200

On mar, 2010-04-20 at 01:56 +0200, Sylvain Beucler wrote:
> Hi all,[...]
> http://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/CodeOfConduct [...]
> What do you think?

I'm not all to happy about the 'greet people',
I _can_ say it takes too much time,
besides that I don't think it is relevant.
When I see someone I will greet,
when I text/message someone I find the greeting to be implied.

I do however think it is polite to start of with
such a greeting in the first mail that is sent.
Maybe it's an idea to provide :
 - suggestions for first contact
 - suggestions for all following contact
?

Could the 'Asking questions the smart way'-link be suggested?

-------
p.s. sorry about my mail-settings,
still have to work it out properly some day.