Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Help need in Savannah

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Help need in Savannah
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 21:48:04 GMT

    As far as I know "PERSON's THING" mean thing belongs to PERSON.  It
    is: PERSON is owner of THING.  Isn't in that way?.

That's the most common meaning, I suppose.  "Owner" is a loaded term.

    I don't think it's Is not savannah requirement.

I don't think it's a requirement either.

    But we GNU supporters do think software shouldn't have owners.

I suppose, in theory (although I see no prospect that the reality will
ever change in this regard).  So it's fine to point this out; I wasn't
arguing about that.

    Therefore, that kind of names are to be avoided.

But not grounds for rejection.  That's my point.