[Savannah-hackers-public] Re: [gnu.org #498996] Hard-disk failures on co

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: [gnu.org #498996] Hard-disk failures on colonialone
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 19:29:50 +0100

Hi,

As far as the hardware is concerned, I think it is best that we do
what the FSF sysadmins think is best.

We don't have access to the computer, don't really know anything about
what it's made of, don't understand the eSATA/internal
differences. We're even using Xen as you do, to ease this kind of
interaction. In short, you're more often than not in better position
to judge the hardware issues.

So:

If you think it's safer to use 4x1.5TB RAID-1, then let's do that.

Only, we need to discuss how to migrate the current data, since
colonialone is already in production.

In particular, fixing the DNS issues I reported would help if
temporary relocation is needed.

--
Sylvain