Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] * See wiki * is not clear

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] * See wiki * is not clear
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 09:39:48 +0200

Hi,

I wrote this *short* checkboxes list on the registration page, because
when something like the "How to Get Your Project Approved Quickly"
wiki page is too long.
(Before the checklist there was a multi-step procedure with a brief
explanation of our hosting requirements, and a lot of people didn't
read it already.)

I agree that we can make the link clearer and more inviting - check
the register2/ directory in savane-cleanup.git.

I don't think it will help to make a single list on a separate page,
people won't click on the link (just like we don't ready TOS when
registering an account somewhere else).  Maybe I don't see the
advantage over the checkboxes list.

I agree we can stress that the hosting requirements are firm, and need
to be taken of prior to approval.

I disagree mentioning "or be prepared to wait some weeks" because even
people who comply with the requirements wait for months in the current
state of things.

--
Sylvain