Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] slightly confused on admitting pending pro

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] slightly confused on admitting pending projects
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 18:41:53 -0500

    Shall, I tell him to take the  notices,
    from the original file and add it along with his copyright to the
    files he edited, and leave out the other files?

That sounds like the clearest outcome.

    Additionally, he claims to need the lua config file customized for his
    specific environment. I would think he should not distribute those.

Is it problematic somehow, if he wants to?

    >From sv-problem-copyright-holder
    Is the copyright holder referred to in the copyright notices, a legal
    entity that can be
    assigned copyright? If not, you need to add the author(s)' name(s) instead.

    What exactly is meant by "add the author(s)' name(s) instead".

Copyright 2009 Karl Berry

as opposed to something like
Copyright 2009 Eplain Project Team
where "Eplain Project Team" has no legal existence.  Lots of projects
would like to do this, but it's legally meaningless to say it, so far as
I know.

    I've found some files, which will say something like "By Who Ever".

If you mean literally "By Who Ever", clearly that's meaningless.

Thanks for all your work.