[Savannah-hackers-public] gnu webpages doc?

From: Karl Berry
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] gnu webpages doc?
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 13:49:59 -0500

The CVS pages such as http://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group=texinfo end with:

    Symbolic Links in HTML CVS

    Add a file named .symlinks in each directory where you want to make
    symbolic links. Each line of the file lists a real file name followed by
    the name of the symbolic link. The symbolic links are built once a
    day. For more information check the documentation.

Is there a referent for "the documentation"?
I couldn't find anything in the wiki.

The .symlinks feature specifically is described at
http://www.gnu.org/server/standards/README.webmastering.html#symlinks,
so could we link the word "documentation" to that?

Also, there is a node in the GNU maintainers information about web pages:
http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/maintain.html#Web-Pages.  Would it be
feasible to add a link to that, if and only if the page is a GNU package?

At least I don't think we want to link there if it's not a GNU package,
it would make it seem that those are Savannah policies and not just GNU
policies.

wdyt?