[Savannah-hackers-public] Keywords.

From: Leo Jackson
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Keywords.
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 10:08:06 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Everyone,

I agree with Noah I do believe we should not use keywords. Not a good idea
just to show take a look at,
http://www.searchengineguide.com/richard-ball/meta-keywords-a.php
and
http://searchenginewatch.com/2165061
search engines are more sophisticated they look at the body of the page.
Search engine get key elements from the pages.

Yes using the robots text disallow make it difficult to get these.
If you do a search for a project ex: Maverik it is up on the search
number 7,8,10 It is still searched and even from the mirror sites it is
available. If we want to make easy for search engines then we can create a
updated robots text to allow this with out the headache of key works.

# Exclude Files From All Robots:

Disallow: /cgi-bin/  <-- block cgi-bin
Disallow: /private/  <-- block private
Disallow: /bin/      <-- block bin
Disallow: /data/     <-- block data

# Optional sitemap URL:
Sitemap: /web/pages/map <-- give site map to search engines only.

Even the most private sites that disallow everything and anything are
found with search tools.

Best Regards,
Leo Jackson
Lajjr