Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Savannah recovery TODO

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Savannah recovery TODO
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 10:03:07 +0200

On Wed, Jun 03, 2009 at 10:55:38AM +0300, Sergey Poznyakoff wrote:
> Sylvain Beucler <address@hidden> ha escrit:
>
> > - Decide if restore webcvs from May 27th or attempt to recover the
> >   last 2 days commits from www.gnu.org and www.nongnu.org; for #2,
> >   write a script that can update the backup (faked commits).
>
> Not sure I understood this: can you describe it in more detail, please?

Currently the CVS working directories at www.gnu.org and
www.nongnu.org are the latest, uncorrupted state of the webpages
(replication is disabled for now). But they are just working
directories.

The idea is to parse the working directories, get the differences from
the May 27 backup, and commit them to the wedcvs repositories.

Alternatively we can just let users do that manually, as they are
doing for the sources repositories.

> > - Write a script to check the logs and branches of the git and hg
> >   repository, to see if one needs to be restored from May 27th (they
> >   were all restored from April 29th, some users pushed the latest
> >   changes, but maybe not everybody if the project is currently
> >   inactive)
>
> I can do this.

Thanks!

--