Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Fossology in a virtual machine

From: Nicodemo Alvaro
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Fossology in a virtual machine
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 23:44:50 -0400

I was about to upload this file to the chkpkglic project, when I
noticed you placed your file as GPL version 2. This cannot be accepted
because it is not compatible with the GNU General Public License 3 and
later, and therefore should not be anywhere on Savannah. In order for
it to be compatible you must follow the documentation on how to apply
the GPL license.

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html

Essentially, remove the first paragraph that has " version 2 as
published by the Free Software Foundation" with the below:

    This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
    the Free Software Foundation, either version 2 of the License, or
    (at your option) any later version.

Thanks for this example of a gpl 2 only license. I've been looking for one.

I have not tested out your script, but I will try to if I get a chance.

--
Nicodemo