Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Side comments

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Side comments
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 20:05:52 -0600

Karl Berry wrote:
> However, I just now tried to open https://savannah.gnu.org in the
> firefox3 from CentOS, and, it seems that the cacert root is in ff3 after
> all!  I was not aware of that.  So -- yay!  Everything seems good.

I just tried this in a freshly installed Firefox 3 from mozilla.org
upstream and it didn't include the cacert root certificate.  (The
cacert root may have been installed by your distro or you may have
taken it yourself like I have done.)  Since it isn't in the upstream
and a lot of people install from the upstream I think that a lot of
users will still be seeing the untrusted cert dialog in FF3.  Darn.  I
was excited that it was going to be in there.

Bob