Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] interested in helping

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] interested in helping
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 18:10:01 -0600

    OK, I asked because we are thinking about switching from our scripted
    SQL -> adduser replication to a LDAP-based setup.

For what little it's used, I set up and programmed with LDAP (quite
briefly, years ago).  It was singularly painful to deal with; my overall
impression was of an incomprehensibly overengineered system that made it
very very hard to do any simple tasks in practice.  Why do you think it
would be a win?  The scripted SQL/adduser seems pretty straightforward.