Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] gphpedit registration issues

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] gphpedit registration issues
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 09:17:32 +0100

Hi,

On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 10:31:51AM +0500, Nicodemo Alvaro wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There is a binary that comes with this project Anoop is registering.
> What should we do about it?

If we have the source code and build procedure for this binary
nothing. If we don't, reject.

> Also, he is incorporating other code into his program, which all have
> compatible GPL licenses. The scintilla project seems to have quite a
> few files which have a line that point to the X11 like license notice
> that is included in the folder and there are some files of this forked
> project that do not contain license notices or copyright notices.

If he includes code, it needs valid notices, whether written by him or
not.  Otherwise, he needs to avoid including that code at Savannah,
which is what people normally do with external dependencies.

--
Sylvain