Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Approving projects

From: Ted Smith
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Approving projects
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 21:45:04 -0500

On Tue, 2008-12-30 at 20:10 -0600, Karl Berry wrote:
> There is no formal template.
>
>     I'm guessing it would be something like this:
>     https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?8927#comment6
>
> That summary Sebastian sends is very good as the last step, when
> everything has been resolved.  But if there are problems, then no
> template can really suffice, because each package's problems are
> different, as seen in Sebastian's previous comments to the submitter of
> that package.
>
> So, that one-off message explaining the problems is what is useful to
> have reviewed before actually sending, for the first couple packages you
> handle.
>
> Make sense?
Yes, but... oops.

I put this comment on the MDic submission page[1]:

> Hi,
>
> I'm evaluating the project you submitted for approval in
> Savannah. While doing so I have noticed a few problems which are
> described below.

> Savannah is a central point for development, distribution and
> maintenance of GNU Software.

> There is a companion site savannah.nongnu.org where we also host Free
> Software projects that are not part of the GNU Project, but run on
> free platforms.

> However, we do not allow to host your project on Savannah and
> SourceForge at the same time, if Savannah is just a project mirror.
> Your project development should happen primarily on Savannah.
>
> How do you plan to use your Savannah account?
>
> Also, is the copyright holder referred to in the copyright notices, a
> legal entity that can be assigned copyright? If not, you need to add
> the author(s)' name(s) instead.
>
> Check
> http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Copyright-Notices.html for
> more information, and update your files.

This is all from savannah.el, and was added because:
- The copyright statements all say the copyright is held by "MGroup"
- The project already has an account on sourceforge that looks
well-developed.

Sorry for not clearing this before it got posted. Is it alright?

[1]https://savannah.gnu.org/task/index.php?8940