Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] openbravo about open

From: Nicodemo Alvaro
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] openbravo about open
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 20:06:29 -0500

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 1:27 PM, Sylvain Beucler <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>>     There are other projects on Savannah that contain the word Open in
>>     them, granted some of those are derived from another project that has
>>     the word open in its name but there are others that do not. Were those
>>     mistakes?
>>
>> In general, I expect so.  Or perhaps they were exceptions for some
>> reason or another.  I don't see a reason to make an exception here.
>
> As far as I'm concerned I never made an exception.

Well, someone did a long time ago. I don't feel honest in turning down
a project just because of their name and the idea of open source when
previous projects were accepted. I could if an there was an
explanation. Below are some examples. They are usually ancient. Most
of the time they only say open source and not free open source.

Projects with Open in their names:

http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/opendict
http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/opendip
http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/openpeer
http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/openap
http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/openvds
http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/openvsd

Projects with "open source" in their project search description.
http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/certi

Projects with "open source" in their project page summary.

http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/linjewel
http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/mvlab
--
Nicodemo Alvaro
The FSF continues to fight software patents.