Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: approving projects

From: hiren
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: approving projects
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2008 13:40:03 +0200

On Sat, 2008-12-06 at 22:22 +0100, Sylvain Beucler wrote:
> Hi,

> > hi,
> >
> > sorry for the stupid questions, new to this list.
>
> No problem.
> Can you introduce yourself? :)

I'm a GNU/Linux system admin, have a few years experience in that, work
with scripting languages like perl often. A free software fan as well.

> > any information will be useful, thanks again.
>
> There's no progress yet.
>
> Leo registered this project a few days ago:
>   http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/chkpkglic
> but it's currently empty.
>
> Any help welcome :)

thanks for the info, I've emailed Leo asking what the status/plan is.

as per that thread, I took a brief look at fossology, seems like it does
more than just license checks, but does each one via what it calls
"agents". even if we end up going with something else, looks like we
could take the ideas from the license agent, as it already looks to be
doing the hard work of checking each file and gathering possible
licenses that a project might involve.

I can't seem to find the checklicense script from debian devscripts, I
run ubuntu myself, have downloaded and checked the devscripts package,
didn't see anything related to a license check script.

anyway, I'm going to see what Leo says.
thanks.