Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] autoredirect for savannah downloads

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] autoredirect for savannah downloads
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2008 18:23:35 +0100

On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 04:47:27PM -0500, Karl Berry wrote:
>     Can you give more information - I'm puzzled about the word
>     "service". Does this mean we rely on something external to Savannah?
>
> As things stand, it's a mod_perl cgi module that runs on Randy's web
> server at the University of Winnipeg.  In principle we could run it for
> ourselves on savannah, but I personally am not up for doing all the web
> configuration work, sorry.  So far his machine has been very reliable.
>
> Also, Randy said he'd be happy to help recast it as a regular cgi (not
> using mod_perl) if there was interest.  So far there hasn't been.

If you trust Randy we can also give him access to install this at
Savannah.

>     It's preferrable to have a Debian package if one is available
>
> Evidently there is a Debian package, e.g.,
> http://packages.debian.org/lenny/web/mirmon
>
> However, I have never installed a Debian package and I don't think I
> should be experimenting live on savannah.  So can you (or anyone else)
> do that part?

This package is only available for the lenny/testing Debian release,
which should be released as "stable" in a few months. Installing it
for the current stable release (which we use) isn't as straightforward
but I can do it alright.

--
Sylvain