Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] bzr problems this morning

From: Robert Collins
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] bzr problems this morning
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 02:15:03 +1000

On Mon, 2008-07-14 at 18:09 +0200, Sylvain Beucler wrote:

> Does it?  The only reference I found was a "step towards server-side
> hooks" in 1.4 release notes.  Is there a server-side hook for mail
> notifications available?

bzr 1.5 has the server side post commit hook if I remember correctly. I
don't have a script pre-canned to do commit mails, but I believe Monty
Taylor is working on this, I'll ping him separately and get back to you
with a status update shortly.

> > The script I referenced polls on the server side, and sends emails
> when
> > it sees a change has occured.
> >
> > bzr branch lp:bzr-hookless-email will get you the code for it.
>
> Is there a solution that work for several projects? We're talking
> mass-hosting here, so we can't run hundreds of instances of this hook.

Alioth is running that script, and they run hundreds of instances I
believe without special hooks. If you have a custom sftp sandbox, you
could trigger it at the end of an SFTP session and that should be
lightweight enough to scale to tens of thousands of projects.

-Rob