Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] bzr problems this morning

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] bzr problems this morning
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 17:16:21 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 08:55:16AM -0600, Rob Savoye wrote:
> Yesterday bzr was working fine, but this morning I get this when trying
> to update from our new bzr repository:
>
> ripple} pts/5$ bzr pull
> Using saved location: bzr+ssh://address@hidden/gnash/trunk/
> You tried to execute: bzr serve --inet --directory=/ --allow-writes
> Sorry, you are not allowed to execute that command.
> bzr: ERROR: Connection closed: please check connectivity and permissions
> (and try -Dhpss if further diagnosis is required)

We're in the process of making some changes to the bzr setup, which I
assumed would be transparent. Oops :/

That's fixed now.

I needed to contact you btw, so this is a good opportunity: we're
currently switcing the bzr hosting model to rely in on a flexible
SFTP-based area (currently everything is behind a restricted-shell,
which prevents you from fixing or moving files if need be). I was
waiting for a DNS change to start it, and it was just done by the FSF
staff (hence your error).

So I can properly announce now: bzr+ssh:// will stop working in a
week, to be replaced by sftp://.

http://savannah.gnu.org/bzr/?group=gnash contains updated
documentation.

> Any chances on getting server side email notifications working ? We're
> starting to suffer from the lack of this feature, as we use it for code
> reviews.

Hmmm, apparently there's a misunderstanding. In the last mail about
it, some bzr people said he'd have a solution for you the next week,
so I didn't follow this issue.

Be aware that there are no server-side commit hooks available in
bazaar, so I don't think I can install mail notification on Savannah.

As far as I understand, bzr commit hooks are currently best installed
on the client side, so you could ask the Gnash devs to install such
script to it send an e-mail from their system when they push to the
shared repository.

--
Sylvain