Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: [gnu.org #348523] Mapping Savannah pro

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: [gnu.org #348523] Mapping Savannah projects to http://www.gnu.org/server/standards/translations/X/
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 16:42:06 -0600

    Shall we use "www-zh-cn" or "zh-cn"?
    Personally, I don't mind to omit "www-" in this case, provided that
    there is no problem for the Savannah hackers.

Yavor, I confess I don't understand the reasoning for dropping the www-.
www-zh-cn seems a lot more descriptive project name to me than a bare
zh-cn.  And much less likely to conflict -- would this imply project names
like `de', `cs', etc.?  Yikes.

    The GNU Webmasters already treat /server/translations/ as our pigsty,

Right.  Well, /server/translations/ doesn't exist today, only
/server/standards/translations, but you can have /server/translations
too as far as I'm concerned :).

karl