Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] new mailing list blurb

From: Bob Proulx
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 14:51:12 -0700

Karl Berry wrote:
> Finally, here is my proposed text to install in about_list_creation.txt
> about changes to the default mailing list configuration.  Final
> suggestions, comments on either the text or the changes?

Looks good to me.

> <li>No footer is added to messages by default.

Apologies for not keeping up with the past discussion and I hate to
revisit an already discussed topic but the footer is going away by
default?  That surprised me since it seems to be the only defense
against the endless people sending unsubscribe messages to the mailing
lists.  Of course they seem to do that anyway and so it probably
doesn't matter.  And it does tidy up the look of the messages.

Bob