[Savannah-hackers-public] new mailing list blurb

From: Karl Berry
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 13:24:00 -0600

Finally, here is my proposed text to install in about_list_creation.txt
about changes to the default mailing list configuration.  Final
suggestions, comments on either the text or the changes?

(At least I think we agreed on making all these changes.  If not, let me
know.)

karl

<!-- Savannah - Speech added about list creation -->
<!-- $Id: about_list_creation.txt,v 1.1 2004/03/02 20:10:35 Beuc Exp $  BEGIN
-->

<h3>New mailing lists at Savannah</h3>

features in addition to the usual

<ul>
<li>Automated (though asynchronous) spam deletion, through the <a
href="http://www.nongnu.org/listhelper/";>listhelper system</a>.

<li>When a new member joins the list, their initial posting is held for
the list owner's review.  This is necessary because some spam systems
can now subscribe to lists and then start sending their junk mail.
Provided the subscription is legitimate (as it usually will be), we
strongly recommend <i>accept</i>ing their address for future postings).

<li>No footer is added to messages by default.
</ul>

changes to the configuration that you wish.</p>

<!-- $Id: about_list_creation.txt,v 1.1 2004/03/02 20:10:35 Beuc Exp $  END -->